top of page

Hear More/ Do More Sermon Reflection Group

Public·16 members
Maxine Higgins
Started 1st Challenge!Challenge Rookie
WYAC Staff!

Mistakes Were Made: Failure to Witness

Sermon Summary:

In the sermon "Mistakes Were Made: Failure to Witness" the focus is on the common mistake Christians make by not witnessing God's greatness. The sermon emphasizes that while not everyone is an evangelist, all believers are called to share the story of Christ. The sermon draws from the story of Moses at the burning bush in Exodus chapters 3 and 4, highlighting Moses' reluctance and the excuses he made to avoid God's call to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. Through Moses' story, the sermon illustrates the various reasons people avoid witnessing, such as feelings of unworthiness, lack of knowledge, or fear of being unimpressive. Ultimately, the sermon challenges believers to overcome these excuses, recognizing that God equips and empowers them to be His witnesses.

Intro Prayer:

Heavenly Father, as we gather today to reflect on Your word and the message we have heard, we ask for open hearts and minds. Help us to truly understand the importance of witnessing Your greatness and sharing Your love with others. May we be receptive to the lessons You have for us and be willing to step out in faith to fulfill the calling You have placed on each of our lives. Guide our discussion and let Your Holy Spirit lead us into a deeper understanding of our role as Your witnesses. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

Key Verses:

- Matthew 28:19-20 (NIV): "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

- Exodus 3:11-12 (NIV): "But Moses said to God, 'Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?' And God said, 'I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain.'"

About

Come here to reflect on the Sunday Sermon!

Members

bottom of page